FARMERS MARKET WORKER
Help us sell our sustainably-caught, storied local seafood
Tre-Fin Day Boat Seafood, a small local fisher based in Ilwaco, WA, is looking for a year round farmer's market salesperson to staff our booth at the PSU Farmers Market and Montavilla Farmers Market.
- Our Farmers' Market staff-person is energetic, outgoing, and friendly.
- You love food and are comfortable talking to customers about our seafood and what makes it different. We'll give you tasting notes to help sell our products.
- You have a current Oregon Food Handler’s card, or are willing to get the card before beginning work.
- You must have your own reliable vehicle capable of carrying farmers market gear (a canopy, multiple coolers full of frozen fish, a 6-ft. table, and the rest of the equipment that make up a farmers market stand). Typically any van, wagon, SUV, or hatchback will do. Shifts involve loading up the gear in the morning and dropping everything off at the end of the day in SE Portland. We reimburse for gas mileage.
- Smartphone required for running credit card transactions. Salesperson handles cash transactions as well and completes inventory forms. You are comfortable handling credit card transactions, counting cash, and completing inventory paperwork at the end of a market day.
- Must be able to lift 60 pound coolers, stand for up to 6 hours at a time.
- Must be available every Saturday and/or Sunday during market season.
- Hours are every Saturday and/or Sunday, rain or shine (market times vary)
- Compensation depends on experience plus we pay mileage.