Hazelnut-Crusted Albacore with Chimichurri
- 1 Day Boat tuna loin (partially frozen) (about 1 pound)
- Olive oil
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried garlic
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ghee or another fat with a high smoke point for searing over high heat
Slice the tuna loin into 1-inch thick pieces. Rub each medallion with a little olive oil and set aside.
Place the hazelnuts, herbs, and a hefty pinch of salt into the bowl of a food processor or blender and process into a coarse meal. Be careful not to over process into hazelnut butter!
Place the ground nuts on a plate and coat both sides of the tuna medallions with the mixture.
Heat the ghee in a large frying pan over medium- high heat. When the ghee is hot, sear the tuna for about 2-3 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Serve immediately with Chimichurri Sauce.
- 1 cup parsley leaves, lightly packed
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or a large blender. Pulse to combine and chop the ingredients, then blend until smooth..